Don't fight reality, use it.
Reality changes all of the time. We can fight it, deny it, complain about it or use it. I recommend using it. Especially since reality does not give a fig about what we think of it. It just is.
Complaining about, fearing and railing against reality it only raises blood pressure and increases tension. It limits creativity.
But you can change reality! Especially your own. You can lose weight, gain financial success, get out of debt, become more loving, move to another town or country, get married, get divorced – well you get the picture.
Helping to change someone else’s reality (like sharing resources or sound advice) is more of a challenge but often worth the effort. Since it is almost impossible to alter someone else’s reality without their cooperation I suggest skipping that endeavor all together!
Here’s an example of how to use reality. A flurry of inflation warnings made financial news today. Some of us will worry and complain others will take advantage of this new reality.
We can bemoan the price of coffee or buy coffee stocks. You can open an online brokerage account for as little as $500. There is even an EFT (electronically traded fund) just for coffee, symbol BAL. Not recommending, just sayin’.
If interest rates go up, the price of bonds will go down. Sell bonds? Redouble efforts to pay off credit cards? Buy real estate, as in “buy low, sell high?”
That is just one example of how to break out from a futile fight against reality.
Here are some others:
• Stop complaining about what is and invest some energy in what you want to attract or move toward.
• If your friends take advantage of you, put your foot down and say no and/or find some thoughtful new friends.
• If someone betrays your trust, instead of trying to make him be more loyal factor in that information when you interact next time.
• If you do not like where you live, move!
• If your boss is a total pain find a better a way to communicate with her or start look for another job.
• If you want more love in your life, be more loving. Just sitting quietly to send love and blessings to people you care about changes you and the energy you share with others.
• Denying reality does not delay it or make it go away. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
The most important, powerful change you can make is your own limiting beliefs. When you regularly uncover and break out from beliefs you hold that block success and happiness you step into a whole new world. Your view of reality opens up. You can see amazing possibilities that used to be obscured by self-defeating beliefs.
Reality rocks! Use it well.
Please share this with anyone who might benefit.
Cheering you on to success and happiness with love,
“Travelling Free: How to Recover from the Past by Changing Your Beliefs”
“Emotional Options: A Handbook for Happiness”
Available at www.mandyevans.com