One reason I love teaching live workshops so much is the wisdom and insight the participants share during
and long after our time together.
simple, authentic living and professional resilience. She attended the Breakout Coach Training in Palm Springs last October.
- If I am happy, I will be leaving the ones that I love.
- If I am happy, some people will feel abandoned, and they might want to kill themselves.
- If I am happy, others will try to knock me down at the knees.
- If I am happy, it won't last.
- I am not one of those types of people who can sustain happiness.
- Only others can be happy.
- If I am happy, some people will think "ewww....there's one of those happy people - can't be true - must be inauthentic"
- If I am happy, some may try to take me down, and I may have hurt feelings.
- If my feelings are hurt, I might cry, and then they will make fun of me and humiliate me for crying - for being a crybaby.
- I am afraid that if I am happy all of the time, I will lose touch with reality.
- I will be manic.
- I will scare people.
want to keep practicing self-authorization. And I want a good, cozy night's sleep."
from a prison you may not even know confines you.
Have you broken out from a prison of fear?
Your story can inspire others.
Are you stuck in fear? Especially fear of happiness?
Sharing your fear can open the door for a breakout.
Resource for overcoming fear of happiness: "Emotional Options: A Handbook for Happiness