Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Surviving Valentine's Day or What Do You Want Instead?

Feeling kind of glum on Valentine's Day, no chocolates, no flowers no cards; I reverted to an old default state, unloved and unwanted. I did one thing I know to do when I feel that way -- be kind. I sent out e-cards and emails. Tweeted a link to a free talk I gave called "Beliefs About Love." 

While I took a shower and washed my hair I remembered the other thing. If you don't like the way it is, figure out what you want instead and focus on that. Kaboom! My son called from Costa Rica to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and my dear neighbor left this wild and wonderful bouquet of flowers. 


My mailbox filled up with sweet thoughts and a dear friend called with a dinner invitation. 

You probably have heard me say it before, that bit about what you want instead. If you are anything like me, you could use a reminder now and then though. 

If you feel bad about something, figure out what you want instead and focus on that because what you focus on grows!

Wishing you love and happiness on Valentine's Day, the day after, and always, 

Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, insights, news, and questions are welcome!